Monday, November 26, 2007

Poultry Weekend

You know what's sad? Becoming elated after creaming a 10 year old at chess. In my defense, Mike's really good. For his age. Really.

Ah, Thanksgiving. No school Wednesday. Sandbultes in Minnesota on Thursday. Kind of boring, I know no one. Spent the entire time talking to the Hooyers (Heidi, Dad, the sisters) and playing cards. The Grandparents Sandbulte on Friday. Jim, Carla, and the kids were also there. Because they live in Nebraska we HAD to watch the Nebraska-Colorado football game. Apparently it is this big rivalry. I got bored and left before the game was over. Saturday was the Hooyers. Much more fun. Better food. People I've met more than twice in my life. Dirty Clubs. Pitch. Kings and Slaves. Fun With Drawing. Soccer. Spoons. Mitch. Mad Gab. By the way Becka, I still have a lump on the back of my head!

The funnest day was, of course, Sunday. I got to pack eggs! Than they let me look for dead chickens! And then (I had to beg) they let me wash out sulfuric smelling five gallon buckets that had broken raw eggs in them all day. You can't beat that.

Oh, Sunday night this quartet came and sang at our church. They were really good. Think Oak Ridge Boys mixed with the Statler Brothers singing cool church songs! As always, my favorite singer was the guy that sang bass. Daddy sang bass, Mama sang tenor...

No comments: