Sunday, May 4, 2008

Ode To The Evil Fly

You appear from nowhere
To buzz around my ear.
When I try to swat you
I hit myself instead.

O fly, you ugly thing!
Your eyes are bigger
Than they should be.
This makes you hard to kill.

Because you are resilient
I become frustrated.
Sometimes I think that
A nuclear weapon is needed.

One of these days, O fly
You will need to rest
And that will be the time
That I will exact my revenge.

I will accept nothing less
Than your guts, O Fly!
Your guts smeared
On my very own swatter.

3 comments:

Charity said...

Too gross?

Anonymous said...

I wish we didn't have flies in the house either. Mom

Itchellmeh said...

They do get annoying! I must say though, after all these years I think I'm a PRETTY good aim:) At our house, the rule during the summer is that we have to go in and out of the house through the garage to reduce the fly-count.