Friday, October 19, 2007

Grandpa

How can I express my love,
When I don't know what to say?
How can I unveil what's lost,
When he's not yet gone away?

He was the rock
That we all leaned on,
Though he spoke
Very few words.

I know I cannot change a thing,
Though now I wish I could
Go back to when I was a kid
And spend more time with him.

I'm sorry for the small ones,
Who don't really understand;
I wish they could know him better,
Though they probably won't remember.

I want him to be here forever,
Though I know it's selfish of me;
He belongs with Jesus,
Who he's going home to see.

7 comments:

Charity said...

I didn't know what to say, so I wrote a poem.

Anonymous said...

I agree with your poem. I wish grandpa to stay too, but know he belongs to Jesus. Mom

Janet said...

Charity the poem you wrote for Grandpa is well written. You should type it up and have it on the table of pictures for the funeral. Bless your heart. He's very special. Aunt Janet

Itchellmeh said...

me and heidi just read it. It was beautiful

Unknown said...

thanks charity :) that's beautiful.

Becka said...

I loved it.

Becka said...

Umm, check your email cherry.