Monday, October 1, 2007

Happy Day

As of about an hour ago, I no longer have any more speaches to give for Public Speaking! After memorizing and presenting 624 words, I will never memorize anything for anthing ever again.

Open your bible (or go to biblegateway.com). Look up Psalm 107. Now imagine memorizing the entire thing! Oh, than present it in a way that "establishes your passion for this passage," and create the "feeling of the first time." Oh, and you'll be doing this in front of the entire class. And the Prof. And if you're still feeling good about yourself, just remember that the Prof has the text in front of him waiting for you to make a mistake.

It wasn't all that bad. I was absolutely certain that I'd forget something, but I didn't. And I only messed up word order twice. I got a 97! My best one yet (according to him).

Jeff (my Prof) has handwriting that no one will ever be able to decipher. Some comments include: "What a mo[squigglesquiggle]te t[squiggle]k!" and "You've t[squiggle]k[squiggle]d one of the toug[squiggle] memory [possibly d][squigglesquiggle]s [squigglesquiggle] is!" These comments are meant to help and to inspire. And they might if they were legible.

"You can't look hot and play dodgeball." "It's kind of hard not to." -Laura Beth and Jenni

5 comments:

Becka said...

funny! Kind of like Dad's handwritting or Grandma S.'s (actually dad you can figure it out after staring at it for hours)

Becka said...

WHO VOTED FOR KJR!!!!!!! WHO EVER IT IS I'M NEVER TALKING TO YOU AGAIN!!!!!

Charity said...

It's JKR, and probably Mitch. Actually, I think dad's handwriting is fairly easy to read...

Anonymous said...

i think you're a good speaker.
just like dad.

Charity said...

I'm not, but thanks.