Saturday, December 1, 2007

Snow. Ice. Whatever.

What I miss most about Wisconsin: roads in winter. In Wisconsin, snow might not blow off the highways, it also snows more, but Wisconsin has something that seems to be beyond the deepest imaginations of Iowans: snowplows.

In Wisconsin, there are more snow plows on the road than cars. They work 24/7 to make sure most roads are cleared most of the time. They don't wait until the snow has stoped. And even after the weather is nice again, they are always around to clear the roads one last time and to put sand/salt on all the roads to prevent ice. I feel comfortable driving in the middle of a snowstorm there. Not here. If it is absolutely necessary for me to drive this winter, bring the flowers 'cause I'll be in the hospital. Chocolate and funny cards are also appreciated.

Side note: I picked out new frames for my glasses! They are petty much the exact same size and shape and color as my old ones!

No comments: