Friday, August 31, 2007

Quick Comments

I'm typing this quickly, becasuse I'm going home soon. Thank you God for the weekend!

This week went by really fast. In fact, it feels like it hasn't even started yet! In comparison, it does feel like I've been at NWC for months!

Yesterday Shantry and I went for a walk in downtown OC. It was a really nice day (think room temperature outside) so we walked past the library (Shantry works there and wanted to see how long it would take to walk there) and than we played in the park. Who says that the playground is just for children? Unfortunatly there are no pictures, because it was a spur of the moment decision to take that walk.

I had my first memorized speech for Public Speeking today. It was awful. I "memorized" an excerpt from The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. After the first sentence I started shaking, and forgot where I was, so I had to ask Professer Barker to tell me where I was. The rest I kept forgetting too, so I paraphrased a lot, but he only caught me doing it twice! That being said, I only lost 2 points for paraphrasing and 5 points for the "obvious loss of memory," which left me with 93/100! I was dreading this class all day, and actually spent the hour before in the park next to Hospers going over it out loud, but I guess it didn't turn out too bad...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

yeah...
I can relate to the shaking part.

Becka said...

Wow, but you got it over. I notice you didn't tell mom or dad about the shaking/losing spot. Well, for a 1 hour memorization, that's great!